Jeopardy Hometown Howdies
Here is the daily lineup for this week from Jeopardy.com. David Rigsby is the returning champ, going for his 2nd win.
The Galápagos Great Escape: Go on an expedition with Alex Trebek. Complete Sweepstakes details on Jeopardy.com
David Rigsby, Alexandria, VA, SSA Attorney
Emma Florio, Hoffman Estates, IL, Library Assistant
Alan Lin, Santa Barbara, CA, Software Engineer
Dan Atherton, Quincy, MA, Fundraising Data Analyst
Meike Olin, Wilmington, NC, Ret. Insurance Broker
Chelan Allen, Portland, OR, Home & Family Mgr
Samm Chiszar, Brooklyn, NY, Public Defender
Jennifer Fuquay, San Antonio, TX, Stay-at-Home Mom
Troy Steinmetz, Santa Clara, CA, Fundraising Mgr
Rachel Snyder, Grand Rapids, MI, Writer
Kevin Mccarthy, Lincoln, RI, Postal Clerk
Be a Contestant: Sign up to get notified of test dates on Jeopardy.com
The Verge: Jeopardy Viewers Complaints to FCC
11 Defining Moment in Jeopardy! History
Breaking Down Four Rare Jeopardy Scenarios
Links to help you increase your knowledge:
- Fikkle Fame’s Archive: Clues from daily matches, including triple stumpers and clues with images
- Ken Jennings’s Trivia Almanac: 8,888 Questions in 365 Days
- Sporcle Study Guides: Quizzes on geography, science, history, literature, religion and language
- The Collins Dictionary: look up a word and after the definitions, it shows how to say it in a bunch of different languages (with audio). French, German, Spanish and Italian dictionaries and a lot more.
- History Quiz Bowl Study Guides with history downloads from classes taught by Jeopardy legend, Dave Madden and other resources.
- LizardPoint Quizzes – Geography, World Leaders, and more
- Things You Gotta Know – National Academic Quiz Tournaments provides 10 most important things to know on many topics (thanks to Eric)
- The Final Wager: Learn Betting Strategy: Bone up on the correct way to bet on Jeopardy! Keith Williams, 2003 College Championship tournament winner, has many tutorials and daily recaps to help you out. It helped Arthur Chu win almost $300K! Don’t miss Keith’s Sortable All-Time Jeopardy! Leaderboard for top contestant statistics.
- State Capitals by Alphabet and Number of Letters – 2 different ways to look at the state capitals.
- Memorizing the Bible Books – how hard can it be? Little kids know it by this song.
- Memorizing the English Monarchs – Get your Henrys, Georges and Richards straight
- Learning Some Opera – Some opera info for Jeopardy hopefuls.
- Women’s Milestones in the 20th Century – a decade by decade look at women’s achievements.
- Best Picture Oscar Winners: ** 20s-40s ** 50-70s ** 80s-up ** quick overview of Oscar winners by year, including some old Jeopardy! clues on films from each year