Jeopardy Hometown Howdies
Here is the daily lineup for this week from Jeopardy.com. Ellen Wernecke is the returning champ, going for her 3rd win.
Ellen Wernecke, Chicago, IL, Social Media Analyst
Andy Hyland, Mission, KS, Univ. Comm. Director
Angela Ward, Longview, TX, Family Assessment Writer
Betsy Knudson, Salt Lake City, UT, Attorney
Farhad Mahmoudi, Encinitas, CA, Client Services Director
Justin Torello, Monroe, NY, Pharmaceutical Research Assoc.
Julie Roth, Odessa, TX, Community College English Professor
Thom Page, Auburn, ME, Ob/Gyn Doctor
Diane Esemplare, Riverdale, NJ, Engineer
Lauren Cusitello, San Diego, CA, Criminal & Immigration Defense Lawyer
Ivan Plis, Washington, DC, Magazine Editor
Play J!6: You’ve seen the commercials: Jeopardy! puts up an extra clue in each daily category on J!6 and you can play it in a multiple choice format. Or you can get an Amazon Echo and play the extra clues on there (no multiple choice – just shout out the answer)
Be a Contestant: Sign up to get notified of test dates on Jeopardy.com
Breaking Down Four Rare Jeopardy Scenarios
Contestant News – links to the latest local news items featuring Jeopardy! players
F.Y.I. – If you’ve been wondering what Keith Williams has been up to lately, he’s been writing a bi-weekly column in the New York Times where he answers questions about New York City history, and it really is called F.Y.I.
Links to help you increase your knowledge:
- DuoLingo: Want to speak French like Alex Trebek? Learn French or a language of your choice with daily practice. Duolingo has an impressive array of language courses in various stages of development. It’s FREE and ranks highly when compared to paid programs.
- Fikkle Fame’s Archive: Clues from daily matches, including triple stumpers and clues with images
- Ken Jennings’s Trivia Almanac: 8,888 Questions in 365 Days
- Sporcle Study Guides: Quizzes on geography, science, history, literature, religion and language
- The Collins Dictionary: look up a word and after the definitions, it shows how to say it in a bunch of different languages (with audio). French, German, Spanish and Italian dictionaries and a lot more.
- History Quiz Bowl Study Guides with history downloads from classes taught by Jeopardy legend, Dave Madden and other resources.
- LizardPoint Quizzes – Geography, World Leaders, and more
- Things You Gotta Know – National Academic Quiz Tournaments provides 10 most important things to know on many topics (thanks to Eric)
- The Final Wager: Learn Betting Strategy: Bone up on the correct way to bet on Jeopardy! Keith Williams, 2003 College Championship tournament winner, has many tutorials to help you out. It helped Arthur Chu win almost $300K! Don’t miss Keith’s Sortable All-Time Jeopardy! Leaderboard for top contestant statistics.
- State Capitals by Alphabet and Number of Letters – 2 different ways to look at the state capitals.
- Memorizing the Bible Books – how hard can it be? Little kids know it by this song.
- Memorizing the English Monarchs – Get your Henrys, Georges and Richards straight
- Learning Some Opera – Some opera info for Jeopardy hopefuls.
- Women’s Milestones in the 20th Century – a decade by decade look at women’s achievements.
- Best Picture Oscar Winners: ** 20s-40s ** 50-70s ** 80s-up ** quick overview of Oscar winners by year, including some old Jeopardy! clues on films from each year